SOLAR AMBASSADORS PROGRAM
What is a Solar Ambassador?
A Solar Ambassador works with ELSE to facilitate solar energy industry awareness, education, advocacy and action within their school or community. A Solar Ambassador is a post-secondary student who will host a minimum of one solar energy information event on their campus, with assistance from the ELSE Executive Committee. Ambassadors are partnered with an ELSE member for support and mentorship. To help with event planning, Ambassadors can access our online toolkit that includes a program and event guide, as well as a helpful information resource library.
Why become a solar ambassador?
- Expand and build your network while developing career opportunities
- Gain access to free industry events, including the largest solar trade shows in Canada
- Mentoring opportunities
- Add something unique to your resume
- At the end of your school year, earn a letter of recommendation from ELSE and CanSIA
- Gain a deeper understanding of the technology and policy driving renewables in Canada
- Advocate for green energy in Canada!
I'm interested, how do I sign up?
To become a Solar Ambassador, complete our signup form and indicate that you are interested in becoming a Solar Ambassador. Our Programs Co-ordinator will contact you with the next steps. While a basic working knowledge of solar is preferred, it is not necessary; the Ambassador program is a great way to increase your skill set!